I tend to switch up my body & face lotions and potions when the seasons change and obviously from summer into autumn and winter, my skin needs a lot more moisture and hydration so I banish the light serums and gels to the back of the cupboard & bring out super thick creams and lotions, gradual tanner and ginger spice fragrances!
Here’s a quick low down of my top beauty & body essentials for autumn/winter:
1. The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Shimmer Lotion: this is a good few years old by now, so old in fact that I thinks it’s been discontinued…but I have a stash of it because it is my favourite & it emerges every year so that from late September until at least February I smell like a ginger bread biscuit and I LOVE it!
2. Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion: oh the irony. My natural skin tone is quite pale and while I don’t have a problem with it, I do love a teeny bit of a glow, especially in winter! This is perfect as it is a moisturising body lotion that leaves your skin slightly glowy and a tad darker after every use. WIN!
3. Soap & Glory Hand Food Hydrating Hand Cream: I’ve got a whole post dedicated to this stuff but I really do love it! I don’t use hand cream often but I cycle quite a lot now and my hands get so cold & dry that I need it & this smells amazing!
4. The Body Shop Hemp Face Protector: this is a seriously thick cream that packs a ridiculous amount of hydration. I use it in the evening before bed as it doesn’t tend to sit well underneath make up in the morning. But try this once, and no other moisturising face cream compares. (It doesn’t smell that lovely through.)
5. Lip Balm: I have lip balms coming out of my ears so I just use whichever one is closed to me but my favourite is the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Nourishing Lio Care lip balm because it absorbs quite quickly and it also seems to make my lipstick last longer on top.
6. Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer: a similar story to the gradual tanner, I just feel much better about myself when I’ve got a bit of a tan! This bronzer is perfect because it’s not orange toned at all & it is quite ashy which means it’s perfect to act as a contour too!
What are your cold weather essentials?
Eliza Days xo