- Spend Less: This month, I’m really going to try to keep track of what I’m spending. I’ve never been a saver and am renowned in my family to be terrible with money. So throughout August I’m going to try to spend less on things I really don’t need.
- Take more pictures: whenever I do something memorable or fun, I never take pictures because I always try to focus on being there and not seeing it through a lens. The other day for example, we walked up the Glastonbury Tor and I was so busy taking it in, I hardly took any pictures. I know this isn’t a bad thing, but I’d really like to be able to look back on pictures and remember the experience through them.
- Appreciate small gestures: when someone does something for you so frequently, it becomes the norm and I think we stop appreciating it as much. Something like being brought a cup of tea every morning is something I take for granted now that I really shouldn’t, so throughout August I’m going to make sure I appreciate all the small things in daily life.
- Meal planning: with some serious inspo from ViviannaDoesMakeup, I’m going to open up the cook books armed with post it notes and meal plan the whole week, do a food shop based on that & try my very best to stick to it.
- Cooking from scratch: this leads on nicely from the last point. I have recently become really lazy in the kitchen and I’ve tended to choose convenience over spending some quality time creating meals from scratch. Over the next month I’m going to dedicate more time to planning and cooking meals from scratch. It’s something I really enjoy so I need to find time for it in my day.
Hope you all have a wonderful month,
Eliza Days xo